En ny hårdisk, funkar ej (på engelska)

Permalänk

En ny hårdisk, funkar ej (på engelska)

Istället för att skriva om från scratch...

I got my new HDD the other day, but it didnt come with any screws or cables or anything, so i ordered a SATA cable which arrived today.

Then i realized i didnt have any screws, so my top HDD is now attached with 2 screws on the far side of the chassi (i couldnt even reach these screws :S) and my new one, which i placed physically below the other one with 2 screws on the open side of the chassi.

Upon putting in the new HDD and trying to boot (connecting it with power and the SATA cable) the computer asks me about boot disks and shite :/ So I started thinking about the whole master/slave thingie that you needed to do with IDE HDDs, since these 2 SATAs (Western Digital Caviars, both of em) have a similar place for setting this up. However i remember reading that SATA disks dont need master/slave configuration... other than that it doesnt boot, my PC is now making this wierd sound, that sounds alot like electricity, it might have something to do with not having screwed in ANY of the HDDs properly now...

I noticed that my old SATA HDD had been setup for a master/slave config (didnt check which of the configs it was tho')

This is my old HDD This one is set to "Default 2" as seen on the website. (iirc)
This is my new one Whereas this one is set to Default 1 (nothing ;P)

Visa signatur

1150 4670k @ Stock | Asrock H87M-ITX| 8gb (2x4) Corsair Vengeance LP CL 9 1600hz | MSI GeForce GTX 770
Bitfenix Prodigy White | Corsair H100i w/ 2x Noctua NF F-12

Permalänk
Medlem

Har du ställt in att den ska starta ifrån din system disk i bios?
så den först försöker att starta ifrån din gamla hårddisk.

Visa signatur

i7-8700k, 16GB, GTX 1070, Samsung 850 512 GB

Permalänk

Hur gör jag det?

Edit: Jag har nu kommit på och är i princip klar med all partitionering och formatering.

Visa signatur

1150 4670k @ Stock | Asrock H87M-ITX| 8gb (2x4) Corsair Vengeance LP CL 9 1600hz | MSI GeForce GTX 770
Bitfenix Prodigy White | Corsair H100i w/ 2x Noctua NF F-12