Hydro H100i Fans still make switching sound after FW upgrade.

Permalänk

Hydro H100i Fans still make switching sound after FW upgrade.

Yesterday I bought and built a new computer using a Hydro H100i for CPU-cooling.
I applied the new FW that removed the rattling noise (don't you guys test your product before you start selling it?!)
But there still is a High pitch noise from it.

Visa signatur

Elektriska komponenter placerade i en stållåda.

Permalänk
Medlem

Kör med 3 pin iställetför 4 om du inte redan gör det ;)0

Visa signatur

3570K @ de-lid @ 4.8 GHz | Sabertooth Z77 | 8GB-2133MHz-CL9 | ATi R9 290 @ 1150/1375
3x F60 RAID0 + 3TB WD Green
{@Custom H2O Loop}
Dell 3007WFP 2560x1600 BLANK AG removed+BLbleed mod | Z-5500 @ cap-mod
Garage Band komposition!

Permalänk

Im using the 3pin fans that are supplied with the Cooling.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Corsair

We're working on an update to resolve the second noise issue you mentioned. It's taken testing on more than 30 different PC configurations to identify it. So stayed tuned on the Corsair forums for updates...

Visa signatur
Permalänk

That would be appreciated.
I have also noticed that it a couple of times every hour spins the fans to full power for 10-20 seconds (I'm not running Corsair Link).

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Corsair

If the fans are not connected to Link then I would look at the fan controller. The fans themselves will not spin up (or down) on their own.

Visa signatur
Permalänk

What I meant was that (all) the fans are connected to the Hydro-unit, but I'm not running the Corsair Link Software, but now I see that I run the background service for something related to the Hydro-unit (I have "Sierra2.GPU.exe" running)

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Corsair

You'd need the Link software to be running for them to be controlled properly via Link. While you're waiting for the update you could run them from the motherboard, or run link and set them to a fixed speed?

Visa signatur
Permalänk

Okay, but of curiosity, was does the above mentioned service do then?

A neat feature for new products would be that the settings is stored in the unit instead of in the software, (fanspeed vs cooler temp should atleast be possible?)

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Corsair

It's part of Link, but if the Link software isn't actually running then it won't operate properly.

Visa signatur
Permalänk
Medlem

This thread is somewhat old but I'll make it a try. I Just bought myself a new H100i watercooler and it came with the latest 1.0.4 firmware pre-installed. The H100i makes this constant horrible whining noice which I think only exist on those who have the latest firmware. I've read through several forums for solutions and the only solution that kind of works is:
1) You put some resistance between the Corsair fans and the Corsair Link fan controller eg. make the fan a 7V max instead of 12V.
2) In Corsair Link software set the fans to run att 100%.

Now the whining is not present anymore BUT and this is a big BUT:
1) The maximum speed of the fans is now limited to between 1100 and 1200 RPM = performance mode gone.
2) The sound from the fans is not nice at all. The Corsair fans do sound a lot worse than all other fans that I've been using like Scythe, Noctua, ADDA and Fractal Design, and the Corsair fans is only running at 1100 RPM, should be dead silent in my opinion.

Since it is more than 1 month since Blackbeard wrote that Corsair is working on a solution and nobody has seen any activity regarding the noice issue during this time I believe that there is none. I personally think that there is something wrong with the fans that no firmware in the world can fix. I strengthen this belief even more becasue 2 days ago I posted a question regarding this issue to Corsair and today I got answered that they want me to RMA my H100i. If Corsair would be close to find a solution for the noice issue they would not ask me to RMA it but they did so I guess there is no solution.

Visa signatur

ASUS ROG Strix X570-F, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, ASUS GTX 1080 Ti Strix Gaming OC, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo CL16 3600MHz, Arctic Freezer II 240, Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W, Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X, 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB, Seagate Firecuda 2TB, Seagate Ironwolf 4TB, ASUS PG278Q

ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, ASUS RTX 2060 Dual OC, 16GB G.Skill Flare X CL14 3200 MHz @3200 MHz, Arctic Freezer 240, Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W, Phanteks Eclipse P400S Glass, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, Seagate Ironwolf 4TB, ASUS PG278Q

ASUS Maximus V GENE, Intel i7 3770K @ 4,6 GHz (1.190 V), EVGA GTX 670 FTW SLi, 8GB G.Skill TridentX CL10 2400 MHz, Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, Corsair Hydro H100i, Corsair AX860i, Fractal Design Define R4W, ASUS PG278Q