Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

FT05 Extreme Enthusiest PC

Hey guys and girls,

I am between tasks for my modding projects, so I had the free time to put together an extreme X99 platform PC in a SilverStone chassis that I just received. I would like to share my work with you so that you may be inspired to take a closer look at the smaller details, and achieve a clean build.

The parts are as follows:
SilverStone Fortress FT05
Intel Core i7 5960X
ASUS Rampage V Extreme X99
ASUS GTX Titan X 12GB SLI
Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB 3000mhz
Corsair Platinum light bar upgrade
Corsair AX1500i
Corsair SP120 White LED fans
Corsair Professional single sleeved black cable kit
Fractal Design Kelvin S36
Intel 750 NVM PCIE SSD 400GB
Samsung Pro 850 1TB

I found the cable management to be very difficult in this chassis, due to the limited space behind the motherboard tray and side panel, and also because there are so few cable tie hooks. I was also using the factory single sleeved cables from Corsair, so I had to work within the limitations of using cables that are not custom length Not something that I am used to these days.

This build took me roughly 8 hours to complete, with 4 hours going into the cable management. I redid the cables once before I came to this result. Taking these photos and editing them took around 3 hours. I am happy with the way that this looks with the only things lit being the logos.

This is PC building back at it's roots. And it felt good to get it done with all "stock" parts in relatively little time. I hope you enjoy my gallery!

Kind regards,
Justin "MetallicAcid" Ohlsen

www.metallicacidcustoms.com
www.facebook.com/metallicacidcustomspcs
www.instagram.com/metallicacidcustoms
www.youtube.com/metallicacidcustoms

Besök galleriet här

Permalänk
Medlem

God damn! Is this build yours, Justin?
@metallicacid

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av DDemis:

God damn! Is this build yours, Justin?
@metallicacid

Nope, I built this with someone else's parts in my chassis just for fun, and to kill time.

/J

Permalänk
Medlem

clean indeed

Visa signatur

[Ace Ecco 220][ASRock Z77E ITX][3570k@4.2][ASUS 970 STRIX 4GB]
[Team Elite 8GB (2x4GB) CL11 1600MHz][Corsair HX520W]
[Toshiba Q300 480GB]

Permalänk
Medlem

is it just me or did you not mention the graphics cards?

Permalänk
Medlem

@Doglas: ASUS GTX Titan X 12GB SLI

Permalänk
Medlem

Omg, dat sexy cable management!

Permalänk
Medlem

Your cablemanagement is top notch Justin!

Oh, does it max Crysis btw?

Permalänk

Very nice and clean build!

Permalänk
Medlem

Its a clean system with decent cable management, but nothing extraordinary. I voted 2, because I didnt see anything "custom".

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av VideoyGTX:

Its a clean system with decent cable management, but nothing extraordinary. I voted 2, because I didnt see anything "custom".

Lmao, nor did he claim it to be.

5/5. Keeping it simple. Opened my eyes up for the case too. Would love to see you do something with the new In-Win 909.

Visa signatur

Still play with birds like I hang with mother goose.

Permalänk
Medlem

@Xelithium:
And again, it seem you are not allowed to motivate your voting. We all have different point of views and I favour systems that some how have some custom elements in them, even if small. Dont turn this into a bickering thread.

Permalänk
Silverstone

Ett väldigt imponerande bygge!

Visa signatur
Permalänk
Medlem

@metallicacid Your opinions on the Kelvin S36? Worth the cost?

Skickades från m.sweclockers.com

Visa signatur

7700K - 16GB - 1080ti FE

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av LadyAlva:

@metallicacid Your opinions on the Kelvin S36? Worth the cost?

Skickades från m.sweclockers.com

It is IMO and being able to upgrade it to accommodate a GPU and own fittings is a nice feature as well

/J

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av SilverStone:

Ett väldigt imponerande bygge!

Thank you SS

/J

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av jolu5893:

clean indeed

Skrivet av fromis:

Omg, dat sexy cable management!

Skrivet av biorrith:

Your cablemanagement is top notch Justin!

Oh, does it max Crysis btw?

Skrivet av Rsorensen:

Very nice and clean build!

Skrivet av Xelithium:

Lmao, nor did he claim it to be.

5/5. Keeping it simple. Opened my eyes up for the case too. Would love to see you do something with the new In-Win 909.

Thank you everyone for the wonderful comments and votes!!

I have not tried crisis on it as there actually is no OS installed haha

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av VideoyGTX:

As for you, please note that my album is located under DATORER and not MODIFIKATIONER. Your scoring is unjust for how I have presented this PC build. Never did I say that this was a modding project, and yet you rate it so..

Please accept the build for what it is, just a regular PC build and that's it, and reconsider your score?

/J

Permalänk
Medlem
Permalänk
Medlem

@metallicacid How much did this beast cost?

Visa signatur

There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Equilibrium:

@metallicacid How much did this beast cost?

I am not sure mate, as these parts belong to a friend who bought a whole lot of it from the Swrc marketplace.

/J

Permalänk
Medlem

Ett av dom snyggaste byggena Bra jobbat!

Permalänk
Medlem

Nvidia förstör färgschemat tycker jag! Skulle ha använt en eftermarknadskylare eller amd.

The color scheme is ruined by the nvidia graphics card in my opinion.

Visa signatur

Chassi: En stor bakpotatis
CPU: En körsbärstomat (OC 4.5 tomater) som kyls av ketchup
Modertkort: En extra-allt pizza
Nätagg: En modulär kålrot
Grafikkort: En fet biff (standardklock 987mHeinz)

Permalänk
Master of Overkill

@Deatlev: han förstår Svenska

Visa signatur

CASE Caselabs SMA8-A + TH10+PED + Louqe Ghost S1 CPU 9900k @5.3GHz (No AVX) 9800X @4.8GHz GPUs RTX 3090 FE RAM 4x16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3533MHz CL13 + 2x16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 3000MHz PSU EVGA T2 1600W + Corsair SFF 750W SSD 905p 480GB, 4x Samsung 970 Pro M.2 Headphones Audeze Maxwell + FOSTEX TR-X00 + Audeze LCD-2 + Moon Cable DAC/AMP Chord Mojo, Schiit Magni&Modi Screen LG 48CX 4K 120Hz HDR + ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q 240Hz
Motherboard X299 EVGA DARK + ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I Watercooling 560+480+480+280+360. 240+240

Permalänk
Medlem

Nice build Justin! I'm currently half deciding between getting this case or the older FT03 as an upgrade to my loud TJ08-e but gotta say this case is quite tempting after you've done such a nice build! 5/5 golden cases for you!

Visa signatur

12c/24t 4.0GHz (Zen2) • 2x16GiB 3200MHz C14 • RTX 2080 FE 1965MHz 7000MHz • X570 I PW • Ghost S1 MKII

Permalänk
Medlem

That's beautiful!

Visa signatur

Twitch - Eldritzh.com
Desktop: Corsair 4000X \ ASUS X570-F \ 3900X \ 32GB DDR4 \ 3090 Suprim X \ 1x Intel6660P M.2 1TB 2x 850 EVO 500GB \ 1000W Corsair \
Server: Node 304 \ 16GB RAM \ 20TB - Plex, RedBot, etc.
Konsoler: NES \ SNES \ N64 \ GameCube \ Wii \ Playstation + Diverse Tillbehör

Permalänk
Medlem

Did you do any modifications to fit the asus rampage V extreme, or does it fit? (I have the same motherboard and I really liked this case)

If you would have put a 280mm radiator in the bottom, would the HDD bracket fit?

PS. 5 stars

Visa signatur

AMD Barton Xp 2400+ Mobile @ 2680 mhz!Sapphire Radeon 9800 pro @ orginal, TwinMos Winbond 2x256, 250 Gb WD S-ata, 120 gb Maxtor, Seagate 200 gb

Permalänk
Medlem

5/5 Droolworthy cable management!

Visa signatur
Permalänk
Medlem

Mycket snyggare kabeldragning än vad jag åstadkom i min egen och i sambons FT05.

Själv tycker jag det är gott om plats för kabeldragning där bak, men det är nog bara för att jag är van trängseln i riktigt små chassin (som Ncase M1).

Visa signatur

5950X, 3090

Permalänk
Silverstone

@Nudel:

ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTREME passar i FT05 utan modifikationer.
Angående den andra frågan, så tror jag att det ska gå att montera en 280mm radiator i botten och fortfarande kunna använda HDD-buren. Men eftersom jag inte har ett FT05 här för tillfället så kan jag tyvärr inte testa. Det finns dock 2.5" platser på baksidan av chassit, ifall man bara använder SSD enheter.

(Jag ska kolla med ledningen angående den andra frågan, så kan jag återkomma via PM )

Visa signatur