Visa signatur

Asus X5DAB
Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo PA

Permalänk
Medlem

Har ni samma cd-key?

Permalänk

14) Buildings/Units keep blowing up.

The simple solution is to re-install. (Not repair).

This is a built-in security feature that prevents pirating and hacking. It has been around since Red alert 2/yuri’s revenge. This way when you try to circumvent the registration key (located in your registry) the game prevents you from playing it by blowing everything up.

This solution is not perfect. The same thing can happen to you if you have a perfectly legal copy.

To fix it all you need to do is re-install the game. In almost all cases this will fix the problem. If this does not work (rare), you need to remove the game entries in your registry. Also remove the C&C Generals folder that is located in your “my documents” folder. If you want to keep you’re saved games, maps or replay you can make a backup first. And put them back in the same folder after you re-installed the game. It is possible though that you have a custom map for example that causes problems (errors). If you copy the same buggy file back again you might still end up with problems.

Since there is no undo feature in the registry and the changes you make are permanent you have to be careful. You could destroy a working windows OS. (If you do you need to re-install windows). However the procedure is very simple but don’t say I didn’t warn you. It’s always a good idea to make a backup of your registry before you start editing.

You need to open your registry.

To do this hit the windows key (between the control and alt key on the left) and R at the same time. Windows key + R

This opens the run… box. Type in regedit (enter)

You now have the registry in front of you.

You need to navigate to this folder:

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Generals"

the easiest way is to hit control + F (find..)once you have the find box open type in generals. (Enter)This will take you to the right folder. Then delete it. That’s all.

Re-install the game.